Saturday, March 22, 2008

10 Miles per Teaspoon


Yes, it's been forever since I've posted. But anyway, things have been busy, as those who know me will know. Thought I'd try to get back to the swing of things if I can. So, I was just doing my usual Saturday morning net-surfing and reading about various top news of the week, when I chanced upon this article in the Yahoo! Green section about a recent competition for ultra-efficient vehicles where the winning entry was able to get 7,000 MPG. Yes! That's seven thousand miles per gallon, no mistake, or about 10 miles per tsp. That's pretty incredible. Sure, the vehicle is super lightweight, rides on bicycle tires, and is probably pretty incredibly impracticle. But the fact that we can get such great efficiency from an internal combustion engine makes us wonder what this "fuel crisis" is really about. Blogger 004 and I have for years talked about how people don't really make changes unless they're forced to. This is another example of such mentality for which we unfortunately are all at fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home